Like a blue-ribbon threading through the green Douro Valley, the River Douro carries you through some of Portugal’s most legendary landscapes. Meaning “River of Gold,” the Douro River lives up to its name by revealing priceless gems along sloping vineyards and sleepy villages where rugged landscapes have been tamed for centuries to produce a bounty of wines and cuisine. Welcome aboard the newest addition to our award-winning fleet of Suite Ships® – the Avalon AlegriaSM to be swept away by Douro’s timeless treasures and traditions, family farms and fevered Fado music, and mouth-watering culinary creations in the world’s oldest demarcated wine region.
• Roundtrip air from Chicago O’Hare to Porto, Portugal.
• Roundtrip transfers between Bloomington, IL and Chicago O’Hare Airport.
• Roundtrip airport transfers in Porto.
• One-night pre-cruise hotel in Porto including breakfast & transfer to ship.
• 8-day/7-night Douro River cruise aboard Avalon Waterways Alegria.
• All gourmet meals onboard ship.
• Wine, beer, and soft drinks with lunch and dinner.
• Happy Hour every evening featuring house beer, wine, cocktails and a drink of the day.
• 24-hour self-serve beverage station with complimentary cappuccinos, lattes, tea, hot chocolate, premium coffees, and ice-water.
• Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the ship.
• Daily excursion program with Certified English-Speaking Local Guides.
• Nightly local entertainment onboard.
• Prepaid gratuities to onboard cruise director and crew members.
• Taxes and Fees.
• PESO DA RÉGUA – Enjoy olive oil and wine tasting on one of the oldest farms in the Douro Valley. Or tour of the charming town of Régua —with its religious architecture, narrow streets, beautiful tiles, and stained-glass window of Casa do Douro. Plus, take a moment to browse the artisanal markets in Pinhão.
• POCINHO – Explore Freixo de Numão, a charming village nestled between the nearby mountains and experience a regional wine tasting.
• BARCA D’ALVA – Visit one of the most remote villages of the country, Freixo de Espada à Cinta village in the Douro International Natural Park or get a taste of Spain with a full-day excursion to Salamanca.
• CALDAS DE AREGOS – Guided sightseeing tour of Amarante – poised against a breathtaking backdrop of the great Serra do Marão mountain and the Tâmega River.
per person based on double occupancyRequest More Info